- 3.5-4 lb. Boston pork butt
- 1 bottle of Magic Hat #9 beer
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 med. sweet onion, sliced
- 1 whole Cardamom pod, slightly cracked
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into 3 pieces
- 1/4 tsp. ground Allspice
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp. Sriracha pepper sauce
- Kosher dill pickle slices
- Good seeded hamburger buns
Place half of the sliced onion in the bottom of your slow cooker, along with the garlic. Set pork on top of onions & garlic. Pour the entire Magic Hat #9 beer over the pork. Mix together dry spices (cardamom, ginger, cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, Allspice, salt, and pepper). Rub all over pork. Turn your slow cooker on high, cover, and cook for 4.5 hours.
Remove pork from slow cooker, remove any hard pieces of spice (cardamom pod, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, cloves) and drain liquid. Replace the pork back into the slow cooker, and add brown sugar, mustard, and Sriracha sauce. Mix around in slow cooker. Cover and continue to cook on high for 1 hour.
Serve the meat on top of seeded hamburger buns, and top with sliced onions & dill pickle slices. Add more Sriracha to the sandwich for extra heat. The Sloppy #9 is delicious with Oven-baked Potato Chips. Enjoy!!